Database Analyst – Microsoft SQL
- Unique opportunity to conduct world-class research
- Upskilling whilst on the job is encouraged!
- Flexible work from home arrangement
This is a rare opportunity to join well-respected organization that specialise in conducting state of the art research that is used to implement advances in Australian society. Conveniently based in the heart of Melbourne's CBD with a flexible work from home arrangement.
We are looking for an expert Microsoft SQL Data Analyst who will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and managing relational databases to support all aspects of the survey life cycle from sample acquisition to the production of complex data outputs and reporting.
- Online research panel databases management – Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to continuously develop and maintain internal online research panel databases to support periodic data collections, different methodologies, and experiments.
- Operation reports support – Close collaboration with Call Centres and
researchers in maintaining operation reports within
- Working with research and operations teams to assist with improving efficiencies
- Building and maintaining open and collaborative working relationships with members of your team, across departments and with external clients.
- Support In house databases – Develop, maintain, and streamline databases for sample management of mixed-mode multi-dispatch samples such as Dispatch and Collection Control Databases (DACC), AEDC databases, coding databases, and automated status update across multiple platforms
- Develop and maintain data visualisation dashboards – Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop data visualisation/dashboards for different needs
- Minimum 5 years of practical industry experience in designing, maintaining, managing relational databases, database and query performance tuning, with advanced proficiency in SQL skills including creating complex functions, stored procedures, scripts, views, triggers, and data manipulation on complex datasets.
- Technical knowledge and skills across all components of the Microsoft Data Platform and Data Analytics stacks including SQL Service Management Studio (SSMS), SSRS, SSIS, SQL and Power Apps.
- Experience with cloud-based databases, SPSS, SAS, STATA and R programming language would be well regarded.
- Hands on experience working with data mapping and fetching data from multiple sources.
- Experience in Power BI or Tableau dashboard/report design & development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated & Resilient, with a “can-do” attitude
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please press the "Apply for this job” button or call Jill Van Der Ross for a confidential discussion on 9285 5840.