Head of Fundraising
- Newly created key role
- Generous salary offer + packaging + company benefits
- Fun, creative, youth led NFP organization
SHOW YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN…
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with thousands of them a year. We have the best of the best working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the in the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the network we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Fundraising is responsible for building all sources of fundraising revenue for the organization's sustainability and growth, and accountable for delivering the National targets for revenue in the Fundraising portfolio. To succeed in this esteemed position, you need to have a genuine passionate for connecting with our young people, to walk in their shoes, thrive on chaos and be ready to roll up your sleeves to ensure you put your best efforts forward.
It is an exciting time to join the organization. There is already a lot of things on the go and this key role has access to all the fun! Now, more than ever, the wellbeing of our young people needs to be at the forefront. They are after all the future!
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Diversify and grow fundraising income
- Develop a fundraising strategy with diversified and reliable revenue streams
- Meet or exceed Fundraising revenue targets by effectively managing relationships and activities with Reach’s diverse range of current and potential funders – corporate, trusts, individuals, community partnerships, government
- Identify and secure new funding opportunities, trial, develop and launch successful new fundraising programs and activities
- Develop and implement a major donor strategy, establishing a new revenue stream for Reach
- Regularly evaluate effectiveness of Fundraising activities in terms of time, cost and benefit relative to results
- Work effectively with the Foundation Board Subcommittee to capitalise on networks and ideas and optimise the outcomes of Fundraising activities
Improve and deepen donor relations
- Improve donor engagement by deepening donor relationships through collaborating closely with the Marketing & Communications team. To develop and execute on effective and synergistic communication strategies.
Lead and manage people for optimum outcomes
- Foster a results-oriented team culture in which team members have a clear understanding of objectives and deliverables, and actively qualify and pursue new opportunities
- Ensure staff are highly motivated and engaged, contributing to a “one team” approach across the whole organisation, including high levels of collaboration towards other organisational objectives
- Coach and develop team members to grow their skills within and across relevant aspects of the Fundraising and Development function
- Ensure the highest levels of financial integrity are maintained within the team, including effective teaming with the Finance and other teams in support of Reach’s broader financial, reporting and marketing objectives
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 8+ years Fundraising experience (essential)
- Extensive experience in achieving revenue targets and growth through a diverse range of funding mechanisms which should include fundraising, trusts & foundations, corporate partnerships, events and major gifts
- A thorough understanding of business development including commercial considerations, negotiation skills, partnership and funding agreements and internal approval processes
- Experience in achieving high revenue targets
- Strong experience in budget management including tracking, reporting and acquittals
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification
*Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children, National Criminal History Check and references.
Our client is a child safe organisation and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community of staff, crew and volunteers – a place where people can be themselves and succeed on merit. As well as a comprehensive range of policies to protect the safety of young people, we offer a range of family friendly, flexible and inclusive employment policies to ensure that all people we work with are respected and valued, whatever their background.