Learning & Development Manager
- Strategy - Innovation - Operations - Leadership
- Attractive salary package - Circa $132,000 pa
- North Melbourne - 200m from train station
The right person in this role has the opportunity to transform how learning, development and training is delivered across this fast-growing, mass-transit business. A key role within the People & Culture Team, this role is fundamental to ensure this scaling operation is able develop and deliver, skilled human-resources within its Melbourne operations.
This role as three core areas of accountability:
- Create and maintain a long term strategic and operational model for the training team
- Inspire and drive training innovation
- Drive efficiency and continuous improvement via technology (Assisted learning, AI & RPA)
- Manage overall training headcount with plans covering succession, internal mobility, attrition
- Drive operational excellence in training process, training programs, content design, training assessment, delivery and evaluation across internal training teams and or our partner RTO.
- Develop and maintain employee orientation, induction programs and engagement plans
- Ensure the training experience is consistent in tone, voice and style
- Measure, track and report training performance Manage the training budget
- Own and manage end-to-end people strategy, development and performance for the training team (circa 5 training coordinators/facilitators)
This is a hands-on role with multiple touch-points throughout the business that will see you and your team deliver Learning, Development & Training initiatives across white-collar roles (e.g., Corporate Services) as well as standardised training across blue-collar operations, over multiple sites.
As with any fast-growing organisation, anyone coming-aboard needs to be ‘up for the ride’, with ongoing change and challenges the norm. We’re looking for a solution-oriented person, someone who navigates complexity and ambiguity at pace.
The culture across the businesses is best described as genuine, approachable, astute and friendly, with a strong emphasis on outcomes, open communication and collaboration.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Proven experience in a Learning & Development role
- Competencies in Adult Education Methodologies & Corporate Learning Strategies
- Specific experience in development program design and training delivery
- Project management skills
- Team Leadership skills, desirable
Note – The People & Culture team are all currently working remotely, however the preferred candidate will be based out of our North Melbourne office. (Covid regulations permitting of course!)
A National Police Check will be required to be provided by the successful applicant.
Please click to apply or for questions contact Deidre Sleeth on 0408 385 108