- Interesting, varied & pivotal new role
- Showcase your exceptional written communications
- Fast growing mass transit organisation
This fixed term (12 months) opportunity is based in Melbourne and reports to the Operational Readiness Manager.
Working with subject matter experts you will assist the development and documentation of policy, process and procedure across People & Culture, Health, Safety Environment & Quality and Environment, Social & Governance. Using your outstanding written skills you will be responsible for capturing and drawing together various organisations within one large transportation group.
This role is pivotal to the group’s immediate strategic priorities which include tender submissions to government.
- Develop a framework and appropriate tools for the creation and maintenance of service delivery policy and processes documentation and information storage architecture.
- Ensure that policies identify interdependencies, are appropriately scaffolded, provide clear guidance for users, may be operationalised and consider the implications for systems and resourcing compliance
- Manage associated documentation requirements, including provision of advice regarding the development of guidelines, templates and related materials
- Work with stakeholders to establish communication and implementation protocols that ensure clear and well-understood processes, accountabilities and outcomes in relation to policy renewal
- Utilise research and sector benchmarking to ensure policy/procedures/guidelines reformed/developed for the project are compliant
- Analyse existing documentation, cross reference and check to ensure consistency
- Create high quality, easy-to-understand and accurate documentation
- Develop an understanding of internal and external stakeholders and ensure documentation is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Use your communications skills for other project support as required by the People, Safety and ESG teams.
- Develop and prepare high quality and informed reports for the Senior Executive Group and stakeholder groups
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Communications or similar or equivalent professional experience
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Previous experience in a technical writer or policy documentation role
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity at pace
- Exposure to public sector tendering processes and documentation highly regarded
- Experience assisting the development of ESG policy and documentation highly regarded
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong integrity with a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to work in a fast paced, agile environment