Retail Design Specialist
- Join this Global Market leader in Outdoor power equipment
- Build your career within a team that supports and develops its people
- Create an impact in this permanent role in Knoxfield
About the company
STIHL is a family owned company, with a global reach and a large Australian presence. Known for their high-quality products and a strong reputation for reliability and state-of-the-art German engineering technology, Stihl has grown to be a household name, and is the number 1 chainsaw brand worldwide. They have been voted Australia’s most trusted brand of Outdoor Power Equipment. Employing over 100 staff in Australia, they distribute through an extensive network of more than 600 specialist dealers in both rural and metropolitan markets.
About the role
This rare opportunity has arisen through an internal promotion. You will report into the Retail Development Manager, supporting the signage, merchandising and layout across the dealer network. You will partner with the store owners to identify opportunities to maximize product display, category efficiencies and visual appearance. You will also work closely with the sales, marketing and product teams, and be the key point of contact for external suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Category Planning – contribute to category strategy, develop, execute range strategy including the introduction of new products
- Site visits to new and existing dealers – regular regional and interstate travel as required (managed in line with Department of Health recommendations)
- Store design and layout for new and existing dealerships – individual planograms, internal cost quotations, management of design and display requirements
- Inventory Control – report on product stock categories and influence category effectiveness
- Stakeholder engagement – sales, marketing & dealer network
- Coordinate projects – collaborate with state branch and suppliers
- Continuous improvement – work with the Retail Development Manager to improve retail appearance through effective research & analysis
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Design or similar
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar position within a complex retail channel environment
- Experience with using 3D software and other software e.g.: CAD, Sketchup, P-con or equivalent Adobe creative or similar
- Exposure to store design & fit out, as well as retail visual merchandising
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management ability to juggle multiple deadlines, responsibilities and projects
- Sound financial knowledge
This is a great opportunity to join a company that recognises that their people are their greatest asset. In return they invest in their employee’s growth and development, and are committed to promoting a high-performance culture, combined with an exceptional work environment.
Apply below to the attention of Sam Cotgrave.