Senior Project & Engagement Officer – Public Interest Disclosure VPS5
- Be part of a small dynamic team making a difference
- Values driven, energetic & flexible work environment
- Fixed term VPS 5 Contract to 30 June 2022
About the Role:
The role is a combination of Project management, Policy research and analysis to help build a better delivery process for the Public Interest disclosures Act by working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Principal Lawyer – PID and working closely with other teams across IBAC, the Senior Project and Engagement Officer – Public Interest Disclosure will be primarily responsible for:
- Assisting the planning and delivery of IBAC’s reviews of the public interest disclosures procedures established and implemented by public sector bodies, and reporting on the outcomes of these reviews
- Conducting research, and analysing and reporting on data related to the public interest disclosures scheme
- Facilitating the development and delivery of stakeholder engagement strategies and initiatives to increase understanding of the PID Act, to promote the public interest disclosures scheme and the protections available to disclosers.
Importantly, under the PID Act (Part 9 Division 1), IBAC can also review the procedures established and implemented by public sector bodies to support the making and handling of disclosures, and to help manage the welfare of disclosers. IBAC may make recommendations as a result of its reviews of these arrangements.
Slade Group is proud to be partnering with IBAC to recruit many critical roles for their expanding team.
IBAC’s vision and reason for being are the number one reason team members join and stay at IBAC. A Victorian public sector that actively resists corruption is something IBAC wholeheartedly believes in and works towards. Their dedication to fairness and natural justice is clear and tangible.
IBAC's expectations are high; they expect their people to work with sensitive information confidentially and respectfully. They understand that to foster a corruption-resistant public sector, IBAC’s workplace must be built on integrity.
Before applying, please read the candidate information pack which contains details on the key accountabilities, selection criteria, and how to apply for the position. For more information click HERE for the candidate information pack which includes the detailed position description.
At IBAC, we are committed to bringing together people with differing perspectives, lived experiences, and skills to make choices that reflect our integrity and community, and to creating an inclusive work environment for all.