Territory (Sales) Representative Victoria
- Join our market leading global brand in Outdoor Power Equipment
- Create an impact in this permanent role
- Based in the thriving Victoria
About the company
STIHL is a family owned company, with a global reach and a large Australian presence. Known for their high-quality products and a strong reputation for reliability and state-of-the-art German engineering technology, Stihl has grown to be a household name, and is the number 1 chainsaw brand worldwide. They have been voted Australia’s most trusted brand of Outdoor Power Equipment. Employing over 100 staff in Australia, they distribute through an extensive network of more than 600 specialist dealers in both rural and metropolitan markets.
About the role
Exciting new opportunity for a motivated Territory Representative to grow our brand with our dealership network based in Melbourne. The Territory Representative will work closely with the Victorian Sales team to develop and grow STIHL’s product distribution and range across the region and support the overall Dealer Business Plan.
Duties and responsibilities
Territory Planning and building strong relationships:
- Drive sales growth and marketing initiatives by developing and maintaining a strong business relationship between the Company and the dealer network
- Create, develop and regularly review a Dealer Business Plan to improve Dealer sales performance
- Ensure that Dealers have a clear understanding and commitment to their Dealer Agreement, Sales Budgets and the Company's marketing and promotional program
- In conjunction with the DSM, ensure efficient training and technical programs are conducted and maintained within this area of responsibility
Sales, Marketing and Distribution growth:
- Ensure the appropriate range of STIHL products are displayed and maintained within the stores
- Develop, grow and maximise sales from external customers within the designated area i.e. Government, councils and commercial accounts
- Negotiate additional wall or floor space for new and existing STIHL products to grow the STIHL presence within the dealer's showroom
- Implement a Local Area Marketing plan for each dealer as per the National Marketing program requirements
- Drive marketing of products and awareness of promotions and campaigns throughout the network
- Represent STIHL at trade activations and events, which may include interstate travel
- Prospect and increase distribution by reviewing potential opportunities with existing dealers and identifying new dealers to support and grow the STIHL brand in your territory to exceed yearly targets
- Prospect new SDN and Battery & Electric stores in strategic locations in the area and work to develop business opportunities with individual stores and appropriate retail store groups
- Ensure that STIHL dealers meet the current internal and external corporate identity program, negotiate with Dealers to upgrade internal and external imaging.
- Develop your technical capability to operate, demonstrate and promote features and benefits of STIHL products
- Attend such national events as conferences and training as required, which may include travel as required.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary or diploma qualifications in business, marketing, sales or similar (highly regarded)
- 5 + years retail sales experience
- 3 + years' Experience in Account Management / Territory Management / B2B or an equivalent role
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and verbal) and negotiating skills at all levels
- Strong organisational abilities
- Must be available for semi-regular regional travel.
- Team focused while able to work autonomously
- Strong commercial, Financial and sales cycle management understanding
- Analytical monitoring and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive with a new business focus
- Good learning aptitude, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Microsoft Office suite software especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word) (essential)
- Strong technology skills to use various software (e.g. SAP, CRM etc.)
This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career, with a company that recognises that their people are their greatest asset. In return they invest in their employee’s growth and development, and are committed to promoting a high-performance culture, combined with an exceptional work environment.
Apply below to the attention of Sam Cotgrave.