Visual Merchandiser, Retail Stores
- World leading products across an extensive retail network
- Talented design team, based in Knoxfield
- Permanent role with ability to make a real impact
About the company
A very well established and recognisable company, with a global reputation and a significant local presence, with numerous outlets across Australia. Well known for their high-quality products, and a strong reputation for reliability and state-of-the-art engineering technology, they have grown to be a household name, and are indisputably the number 1 brand worldwide in their sector. They have been voted Australia’s most trusted brand, and distribute through an extensive network of more than 600 specialist stores in both rural and metropolitan markets. They boast an outstanding work environment, and are committed to their people and their development.
About the role
With strong growth throughout 2020, the business will continue to capitalise on their success, and drive the growth and development of their retail network. You will report into the Retail Development Manager, evaluating and making recommendations to the Dealers on style and presentation. You will support the signage, merchandising, and store layout across the network. Partnering with the store owners and managers, you will identify opportunities to maximize product display, category efficiencies and visual appearance in order to enhance customer experience. This is a highly visible role, and will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation, including the sales, marketing, product teams, and dealer network. You will also be the key point of contact for external suppliers.
This is an exciting role with a mixture of hand’s on and office based work that would suit a flexible, creative and proactive person who is passionate about the effect that they can make through creative and effective visual merchandising and design.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify issues and opportunities relating to in-store real estate, layout, product position, and visual merchandising.
- Ensure merchandising standards are in line with brand and company requirements.
- Implementing planograms.
- Contribute to category strategy, develop & execute range strategy, including the introduction of new products.
- Site visits to new and existing dealers, with occasional regional and interstate travel required (Covid permitting).
- Inventory Control, report on product stock categories and influence category effectiveness.
- Coordinate projects with state branches and suppliers.
- With an eye to continuous improvement, work with the Retail Development Manager to improve retail appearance through effective research & analysis.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Design or similar.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar position within a complex retail channel environment.
- Experience with using 3D software and other design software (e.g.: CAD, Sketchup, P-con or equivalent, Adobe creative or similar) highly advantageous.
- Exposure to retail VM as well as practical experience with store design & fit out.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and time management ability to juggle multiple deadlines, responsibilities and projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that recognises that their people are their greatest asset. They are invested in their employee’s growth and development, and are committed to promoting a high-performance culture, combined with an exceptional work environment.
To apply for this amazing opportunity, click on the 'Apply Now' button below, to the attention of Barry Hodson.