Visual Merchandising Specialist
- Work with class leading products across an extensive Dealer network
- Ability to create an impact, role based in Knoxfield
- Permanent role with a leading global brand
About the company
STIHL is a family-owned company, with a global reach and a large Australian presence. Known for their high-quality products and a strong reputation for reliability and state-of-the-art German engineering technology, Stihl has grown to be a household name, and is the number 1 chainsaw brand worldwide. They have been voted Australia’s most trusted brand of Outdoor Power Equipment. Employing over 100 staff in Australia, they distribute through an extensive network of more than 600 specialist dealers in both rural and metropolitan markets.
About the role
With strong growth throughout 2020, STIHL is continuing to support the growth and development of our dealership network. You will report into the Retail Development Manager, evaluating and making recommendations to the Dealers on style and presentation. You will support the signage, merchandising, and store layout across the dealer network. Partnering with the store owners, you will identify opportunities to maximize product display, category efficiencies and visual appearance in order to maximise customer experience. You will also work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation, including the sales, marketing, product teams, and dealer network. You will also be the key point of contact for external suppliers.
This is an exciting role with a mixture of hand’s on and office based work that would suit a flexible, creative and proactive person who will be as passionate about STIHL, as we are!
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify issues and opportunities relating to in-store real estate, layout, product position, and visual merchandising.
- Ensure merchandising standards are in line with brand and company requirements.
- Implementing planograms.
- Contribute to category strategy, develop & execute range strategy, including the introduction of new products.
- Site visits to new and existing dealers, regular regional and interstate travel as required.
- Inventory Control, report on product stock categories and influence category effectiveness.
- Coordinate projects with state branches and suppliers.
- With an eye to continuous improvement, work with the Retail Development Manager to improve retail appearance through effective research & analysis.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Design or similar.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar position within a complex retail channel environment.
- Experience with using 3D software and other design software (e.g.: CAD, Sketchup, P-con or equivalent, Adobe creative or similar) highly beneficial.
- Exposure to retail VM as well as practical experience with store design & fit out.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management ability to juggle multiple deadlines, responsibilities and projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that recognises that their people are their greatest asset. They are invested in their employee’s growth and development, and are committed to promoting a high-performance culture, combined with an exceptional work environment.
To apply for this amazing opportunity, click on the 'Apply Now' button below, alternatively reach out to Barry Hodson 03 9235 5138 for a confidential discussion.