Client Side Project Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading residential developer with a proud history and culture of delivering quality products in the Melbourne market.
Working across inner-city and land developments, they utilise Australia’s leading construction companies and quality control personnel, with an in-house team of designers, builders and architects overseeing delivery of award-winning projects.
They are 100% Australian owned with over 25 years’ experience and pride themselves on their outstanding customer service. The company offers a working environment that emphasizes team work, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, with an attitude to promotion on merit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to ongoing project demands our client is looking to employ a Project Manager to join the Melbourne team.
As the Project Manager, you will be initially under the guidance of the company’s senior Project Managers, and will manage development, D&C tender documentation, and supervision of the principal contractor/builder for the design, construction and delivery of the project.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Appointment and management of external design consultants
- Management of relevant Authority approvals
- Coordination of an in-house architecture team on a project basis
- Leading pre-construction design coordination meetings
- Collaborations with the design team to provide advice on material selection, constructability choices, costing and budgeting
- Assist in the preparation of town planning and contract of sale documentation
- Preparation of D&C building tender documentation
- Oversee the builder during design, construction and final handover to ensure that all of the Company’s requirements in relation to quality, time and cost are fulfilled
- To assist in the management of the Company’s onsite quality control staff
- Liaising with the Company’s sales, marketing and legal department representatives to secure the Company’s principal objectives
- Participation at project development team meetings to report on project status, cost and program forecasts
- Manage the builder’s defects rectification process throughout the settlement phase and during the defects liability period
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience in construction/property development
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in design and construction management, document control and contract administration
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling and production in Microsoft Project or equivalent software
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading developer and progress your project management career, working with award-winning teams and delivering exciting residential projects.
For further information please call Owen Weatherley on 03 92855898 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org