Client Side Project Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a developer of resort style retirement living and has been successfully in business since for 18 years.They have and continue to meet their mission to enable working, semi-retired and retired people over 50 to live an independent life of luxury at a truly affordable price. Honesty, trustworthiness and transparency are an integral part of their culture and these values underpin the security and sense of community that customers/homeowners enjoy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to continued growth and addition of new developments, our client is looking to employ a Project Manager to join the team.
As the Project Manager, you will manage development of a new greenfield development including civil works, commercial and residential (house) construction. You will be responsible for managing tender documentation, and supervision of the principal contractors/builders for the construction and delivery of the project.You will also liaise with new residents, and established residents as the development progresses, to ensure delivery is efficient and aligned with all stakeholders' needs.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Appointment and management of external design consultants
- Management of relevant Authority approvals
- Coordination of an in-house architecture team on a project basis
- Leading pre-construction design coordination meetings
- Collaborations with the design team to provide advice on material selection, constructability choices, costing and budgeting
- Preparation of building tender documentation
- Oversee the builder during design, construction and final handover to ensure that all of the Company’s requirements in relation to quality, time and cost are fulfilled
- To assist in the management of the Company’s onsite quality control staff
- Liaising with the Company’s sales, marketing and legal department representatives to secure the Company’s principal objectives
- Participation at project development team meetings to report on project status, cost and program forecasts
- Manage the builder’s defects rectification process throughout the settlement phase and during the defects liability period
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in construction/property development
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in design and construction management, document control and contract administration
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling and production using project software
This is a great opportunity to join a committed, passionate team dedicated to delivering quality lifestyle outcomes for retiree communities.