Human Resources Manager
In this terrific hands-on role you will manage the HR activities of Australia’s leading independent bookseller. You will coordinate such activities as recruitment and on-boarding, compensation, labour relations, benefits, professional development, and employee services, all in alignment with the company’s’ goals and values. You will have responsibility for building on the HR services, policies and programs for the 160 people employed on a full time, part time and casual basis across Readings. You’ll also be an important part of a small management team
Readings is an iconic Melbourne retailer with over 150 staff and 7 locations. Awarded Global bookseller of the Year 2016, and Independent Book Retailer of the Year in 2016, 1017, 2108, it’s no surprise that its people and culture have had big parts to play in its success 50 year history.
To be considered for this role you will
- ideally have some HR experience in a multi-store retail environment
- extensive knowledge of employee relations
- relish a role as an ‘HR all-rounder’ with a ‘nothing-to-small-or-to-big’ attitude.
- be abreast of current and future HR trends
- demonstrate excellent communication skills
- be someone who lives the values of their employer organisation
- have a high level of integrity
- understand how to impart high HR
A typical day could see you
- Establishing and leading an end to end recruitment
- Working with Managers and Trainers to ensure the delivery of induction training
- Managing the performance feedback process
- Working with the payroll administrator to ensure payroll runs smoothly
- Providing credible advice on all employee related matters
- Organising employee surveys
- Working with store managers to assist them in the leadership development and team management skills
What qualifications will you need?
Tertiary qualifications in Training or Human Resources, or extensive relevant work experience
Who should apply?
If you are someone who is passionate about HR and wants to work for a company that looks after its people, then we would love to hear from you.
The Slade Group is managing this recruitment process so if you are interested please submit your resume in Word format or call Shaunagh McEvoy on 9285 5899 for further information.