Senior Investment Analyst, Managed Funds
Our client is one of Australia's leading investment research, consulting and portfolio construction organisations. They have a proud history of industry leadership, innovation, strong corporate values and investment in their people.
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen within their investment research team for an experienced Analyst, to work as a senior member of the team to provide high level managed fund product research to the wholesale investment market.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Senior research Analyst for Fixed Income and Multi-Asset investment products
- Co-ordinate with fund managers and other internal Analysts for fund manager meetings
- Preparing a research report covering fund manager people and resources, investment style and objectives, research approach, portfolio construction and risk management
- Fund updates, portfolio reviews, industry outlooks
- Presentations and seminars at conferences and Professional Development days and new client pitches
- Contribute to daily industry blogs and updates across relevant topics
The ideal candidate:
- We believe you will have at least 8 years industry experience with a research house, stockbroker, fund manager, bank or corporate in a similar role
- Strong qualitative research skills are a must
- Very strong understanding of investment markets and asset classes essential - in particular fixed income and multi-asset investments
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the polish and confidence to present to senior executives
- A team player is a must - you will spend a lot of time with colleagues
- Ability to travel interstate and occasionally overseas
- Business or Maths related degree plus one of Honours, CIMA, CFA Level 1, Masters or relevant post-grad qualification
- SAFAA RG146 is mandatory
If you'd like to discuss this opportunity confidentially, please call Stephen Atherton at Slade Group on (03) 9235 5137 or apply below and I will be in touch.