STIHL is a global market leader in Outdoor Power Equipment who employ over 100 staff in Australia and distribute through a network of more than 450 specialist dealers in rural and metropolitan markets.
About the role
Territory Managers are the vital link between the head office and the specialist dealers to ensure they have the latest stock and product information. You will partner with the dealer network to identify sales opportunities by assisting with merchandising, product positioning, local area marketing and distribution.
This position is based in Townsville and your territory will cover from Cairns down to Mackay and across to Mt Isa with approximately 8 nights away from home every 4-6 week cycle.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining a regular call cycle with the dealer network to drive sales growth and marketing initiatives
- Work with the dealers to ensure the best shop space for marketing displays with the correct stock levels and an ability to negotiate additional wall or floor space
- Drive and implement local area marketing initiatives with the dealer network
- Ensure the servicing dealer networks are strategically located in high consumer traffic areas and identify locations for new retail stores
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years working in a similar Business Development / Account Management position with a focus on dealers, re-sellers, franchises or retail
- Experience with using Microsoft Office and Salesforce or another CRM/database system to log and track information
- You will be driven and self-motivated to work towards financial and activity targets including planning and maintaining a call cycle list
This is a great opportunity to join a company that recognises that their people are their greatest asset. In return they invest in their employees growth and development and are committed to promoting a high performance culture.
Apply now or for more information please contact Kylie Rutherfoord on (03) 9235 5111